Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wake up ding dong!!

I am starting to get the "itch". The bug..the fever....of the gardening season. I have been thinking of putting up my starting lights and washing all of my equipment. It is the beginning of a new chapter in the year. I've been hybernating for months, and it is time to wake up.

I want to make a list of seeds to get.

pumpkins - white and orange

greens - kale and collards

spinach

lettuce

flowers ?? Not sure what kinds yet. Probably zinnias, sunflowers, annuals

tomatoes - it is so hard to choose. Hmmm.....I like brandywine and plums, and the strange yellow and green ones

peppers - I loved the bananas and poblanos

I am also so excited about my garlic I planted in the fall. I am usually DONE when fall comes. I'm ready to build a fire and nap, and even though I know I SHOULD be planting daffodils and other bulbs, I just poop out. BUT NO!!! I did plant garlic, and I can't wait to see what happens. Of course, I am now regretting not planting the beautiful daffodils. But I can enjoy other people's flowers. boo hoo.

So I want to take pics and post them as the season progresses. If I can figure out how to do this. I am so challenged. I am only almost 39, but I swear, if you do not use it you lose it. I used to be able to do all kinds of fancy stuff. On the computer that is.

Also - I wanted to document my favorite Avery's latest antics: She had her Wed. night church group pray for me, more specifically, "for my snotty nose and diarheas". Well then...I have not had any diarhea for 2 days now!! Now if only I could spell diarhea. So sad.

No comments: