Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Homer in the Yarn


This is what my sewing room looked like a couple weeks ago. I still have some yarn on the floor, mostly purples, but I have run out of hangers! I'm sure I can round some up somewhere. Did I ever tell you the story of Homer the Dog? When I was ready for another dog (Claudia had entered school) I looked online at puppies at the local shelter. I picked one out and she was really cute. I wanted a female. So I go to the shelter to play with the dog and she wanted nothing to do with me. I couldn't even entice her with a chewy bone. I asked if they had anymore young dogs, and they bring out "Dusty" who immediately comes to me and puts HIS head on my shoulder like a baby. That was it. So "Dusty" became "Homer". And now he is totally co-dependent and with me ALL THE TIME. Even to the bathroom. He scratches until I let him in. I love him, even though it sort of gets on my nerves sometimes.

1 comment:

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I love this picture of Homer! He looks so comfortable amongst all of that yarn!