Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Newest Babies




Here are the newest members of our farm. #1 and #2. I was quite surprised, as I didn't expect them until next week. I come to find out that JP had calculated it wrong, and they are indeed due this week. I'm keeping close watch on my other two ewes, especially the one who looks like she is going to explode. I wish I could get better pictures, but I worry about invading "Mama's" space. She doesn't seem to mind that I am in the barn, and I have held the lambs a couple times. Their skin has tight little woolly curls and their heads are very soft. But the worries! I remember worrying like this when I had my babies. Are they getting enough milk?? Are they sleeping too much? Am I cut out for this? I didn't have to assist at all in this birth. They just magically appeared, all dry and cute. I'm not so sure about the other two. If I have to pull out a lamb I'm afraid I'll pass out. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Rachel Bozorth said...

I haven't checked your blog in forever. Love the new babies!