Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that I did get my chicken coop weeded and the roses planted. The bad news is that it is supposed to freeze tonight! Oh my goodness!! On the way to school this morning it was raining with snow mixed in. I told the kids to enjoy the flowers now, they might not be there in the morning. I guess I will have to protect my roses, but the peas should be okay, as well as the spinach and onions. I'm not sure about my strawberry plants. More good news, the grass is sure growing because of all the rain the past couple of days. Sheep are happy!

Bad news, Claudia has an ear infection, and a bad cough. Plus some itchy bumps all over in random places. I know the kids like to roll down the hill in the grass, so maybe that is the culprit. Anyway, I did send her to school today with some hard candy to soothe her cough,plus some cough meds and her antibiotic.

This weekend is the Sheep and Wool Festival in Maryland. I love this festival. So many things to see and eat. The sheep dog demos are really interesting, and the sheep are so cute. Even if it rains I suppose it will still be fun, at least it won't be so hot like it has in the past. I really must get my camera batteries for sure.

If my brother reads this, I need advice on a digital camera. I need one that has a considerable zoom, and good print qualities. I would love an SLR, but I think it is out of my price range. It is not urgent, of course, but I love experimenting with photos, and my current camera is pretty limited. I bought a tripod at a second-hand store, and it helps.

Temp. is 42 and rainy. Good duck weather. Too bad they are still in my bathtub.

1 comment:

Rachel Bozorth said...

I THINK I HAVE SOME SPOROPHYTES! I am going to poo myself if this works out.