Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicks Have Arrived

We got a call at 8am on Sunday morning from the post office - The Chicks have Arrived!! Of course, I was not prepared, so I rushed getting things ready. I made a brooder from a Rubbermaid box. The instructions were in a chicken book I have. So, they made the trip and all 25 are well. I'm not sure how long they will stay in this box though. They grow pretty fast. I'm including some pictures, but they aren't very good. One of the chicks has a "puff-ball" on his head. His name is Gonzo. The bantam chicks are half the size of the others. So cute!!

We've been very busy with Maddie's play. She has a couple days off, and then more performances this weekend. Mom is coming on Thursday, so I'm getting the guest room ready and TRYING to keep the house clean. With the kids here is is a losing battle.

Oh, and we lost a duck, Theodore. He disappeared a couple weeks ago. But Google will stand below the porch and quack when he wants food. Then he goes to the creek to hang out. So, I feel kind of bad for poor Google. Should I get a ducky buddy for him?

No comments: