Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Autumn



Finally!! I finished my big rug-hooking project. It took me 2 years from start to finish. It is also my first real rug-hooking project. I should learn to start small. I dyed some of the wool, and all of it is recycled. I have a couple projects in the works of my mind, but haven't executed anything yet. I did clean out my craft/sewing room, and when everything is in its place, I will take a picture. I am grateful for having such a space, but I do wish it had more storage space.

Claudia is home again today. All of her playmates have tested positive for H1N1, so I am assuming she has it, also. She is feeling much better, but gets tired easily, so I kept her home. It has been a good incentive for me NOT to home school. I don't know how others do it. My patience is wearing thin, and we haven't even had big problems with the homework. There is just so much of it. She needs constant motivation to keep at it. I am easily distracted by all the other "stuff" that needs doing. She really just wants to watch Pinocchio, and we will, she just has to get her work done. Then we will lay down for a rest.

1 comment:

Deadhead said...

Beautiful Rug!

Sorry Claudia is still sick.

Scott