Monday, November 24, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods...

Things to take to Paula's:

snow boots
coats
mittens/hats
long johns
slippers
sweatpants
socks
undies
sweaters (2)
t-shirts

crafty stuff i.e. knitting, ornament kits

food i.e. fresh eggs, bread dough, recipe book for rolls, Brussels sprouts,

candle for Paula
music cd's
camera
video camera

Oh, the fun we will have! I have it all planned. Crafts beside the fire. Walks through the woods. Sledding on the snowy hills (please snow!), eating toasted homemade bread with melty butter, and many other sedentary activities that involve me sitting beside the fire. Oh yes, and eating turkey!! I do love turkey. Some people just eat it because you are supposed to, but I really do love it. Especially with gravy....mmmmmmmm.

Then on Friday, perhaps a jaunt into the little town of Purcellville to do some "black Friday" shopping at this awesome gift/drug store. They always have the best ornaments and decorations. Then my sister got some tickets for us to see some live music, bluegrass, I think.

Did I mention the roaring fire? My b-i-l is a superb fire-maker and fire-keeper-upper. When I am here at home I always have to get logs and keep things going. This will truly be a vacation. Plus I get to be with my favorite people. Except I will miss Rachel, who needs to be in Boston.

Bon Voyage!

No comments: