Thursday, November 6, 2008

Puttering

I'm sitting here at the computer with my daughter's "blankie" wrapped around me because the house is cold. It is 70 outside, so I can't turn on the heat, but I could get a sweatshirt, I guess. I'm taking a break from housework and a semi-failed sewing project. Project was supposed to solve all my gift-giving dilemmas, and not bankrupt me for Christmas. Maybe I can get it to work. I love the IDEA of giving handmade gifts, but it takes so much time!!@ I guess that is the point...

I have started getting gorgeous green eggs. I've gotten 3 so far. I haven't eaten one yet, they are kind of small, so I am saving them up for the weekend. It is so satisfying to get an egg out of a nest. I am a city girl, never done that before! It is so thrilling. The girls have taken to arguing about who gets to actually pull the egg out. They can find ANYTHING to fight about.

The election is over, thank goodness. I am pleased with the results, and feel excited about the potential of our new president. I know not everyone agrees, but hopefully everyone can understand what a HUGE deal for our country this is. Okay, I'll shut up...

Now if only I could figure out what's for dinner. It seems that if I do a few big jobs in a day, I have no energy to cook in the evening. I'd better pull something out of the freezer, though. The kids will be home soon, and then it is hard to concentrate on anything besides homework.

Does anyone need a dog?

Courtney

No comments: