Monday, December 8, 2008

The Miracle....maybe

I just can't seem to get into the Christmas/holiday mood. I thought I was, but then it left. I have Christmas music on, working on Christmas projects, I even made fudge. Maybe I am at an age (on the eve of 40!@!) where it ceases to be fun. I don't know. Maybe when we get a tree it will kick-start me. But even that might be boogered up. JP wants to go to Mt. Zion tree farm this year. YES, it is very convenient, only about 3 miles from our house, but they don't have the kind of tree I like. WAAAAA. I know. It is sad. No one else cares. I just don't want a prickly, unkind tree. But I have to be flexible, right?

I wanted to sing in the cantata at church, I have only gone to one practice. I give up on that. This week is busy with the kids programs at school, and their practices. It just really complicates things when MOM wants to do something. SOO, maybe I'll put on the Messiah, get out my book and serenade everyone. As their punishment. haha.

I have bread in the oven. For the simple reason that we didn't have any bread! So now we don't have any flour. Tomorrow, guys, I promise I will buy food. It's just that sometimes you have to make the choice, buy presents....or buy food....lately I've been doing the present thing. Hopefully I am done. I always feel like I'm sure I've done someone wrong, or something is not fair.

So I am praying for the miracle of Christmas spirit today.

No comments: