Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mmmmmm...marmalade


The last time I was at Goodwill, I found an old book on preserving. I really love it, if just for the coolness of the typeset and illustrations. But I actually made a recipe from it. The grapefruit marmalade. Oh, my, it is really yummy. I do understand that it doesn't take a genius to make a jelly. You just add sugar and boil. But you feel like you are doing something special because you have to wait 3 days for it to be done. Okay, I cheated and did it in two days. Anyway, I am ready to make somemore. I have jarred up some to take to Christmas Eve at the in-laws. I have also been busy making the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Role recipe. The dough tastes delightful! I will bake those tonight or tomorrow morning.

The presents are wrapped, save for some I need to get boxes for. So I guess I am ready, if I could get over this cold. I'm fine as long as I don't talk at all. My voice left me last night. On a date with JP. How convenient for him!! Okay, I must finish up last minute stuff and get a shower before the girls get home.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: