Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's Up, Doc?

I know, I know. You thought I was dead..but I'm not. I have just been so uninspired to write about my life. How many times can I say "I hate summer vacation" or "I can't wait for school to start"? Well, summer vacation is over and life can resume as normal, or not. It makes be feel bad that I like being by myself so much. I think I must be very selfish or something. I just love it when everyone is gone for the day and I can get my stuff done. It is the only time I can think! But to update on what is happening: Maddie started 5th grade and is completely stressed by the new responsibilities being required of her. Claudia is in 2nd grade and loving it. I have been cutting and laying tile in our screened-in porch. I need to grout (maybe today?). JP had his big truck show and it was a success. I have a strange rash that I thought was poison ivy, but I'm not so sure now. I have been rug-hooking in an attempt to finish that project, plus I am knitting on a wrap that Mom got me started on. You know, a row here and there. The musical "One Bad Apple" was fun and a great diversion from my summer activities. The chickens are now almost 12 weeks old, and I have a lot of roosters!! They love to start crowing at 5am. We lost crooked beak chicken. Okay, I might have had something to do with that. And Genevieve, the chicken Megan named, mysteriously disappeared. Truly. No sign of her since. I have some pictures to post, but honestly, it takes forever to upload them. I am considering doing away with the land line and using cell phones only. Then getting satellite for the computer. The money would probably equal out in the end. So, stay posted for more pics and what-have-you!!! (honestly!!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm very happy for back to school as well. Celia started preschool so I get a few hours all to myself each week. It's heavenly.

That adjustment to 5th grade is honestly the hardest one of their whole school career. I think it's even harder than moving to junior high or high school.